Thanks to generous grants from the Leon Levy Foundation, the Wurts Brothers Collection is now available online. This collection gives visual life to the growth of New York’s built environment in the 20th century. The studio, founded by brothers Norman and Lionel Wurts, was one of the first to specialize in architectural photography. Over the years (1895-1965), the Wurts Brothers Company developed a clientele of architects, developers, and contractors—from Cass Gilbert to Otis Elevator—photographing buildings and their interiors as well as vast numbers of street views. Their technique was impeccable, producing crisp images, rich in detail, and the longevity of the firm and its distinctive approach provides a cohesive vision of the city and its changes over nearly 100 years. They brought the same keen eye to the Woolworth building that they brought to Idlewild Airport.